After playing the polka for 8 hours straight at your latest rave party, your back is killing you! “No more!” you tell yourself. It’s time to step into the digital age with Roland’s sweet FR-2 Digital Accordion. And at half the typical weight for an accordion, and tons of bells and whistles, this Polka jam session just set the room on fire.
Here are the features:
At almost half the weight of the flagship V-Accordion, the FR-2 is portable and comfortable. Whether you’re a student or a professional musician, at home or on stage, your shoulders and back will love this instrument!
Powered by eight standard AA batteries (sold separately), the FR-2 will set you free in any situation. Roland recommends rechargeable AA batteries to keep you powered and recharged show after show.
The FR-2 has five pads for adding percussive excitement to your performance. Use them as drum pads or to trigger rhythms via Loop Playback Mode. There’s also a Song function for “minus one” play-along fun. The FR-2 contains eight user programs for instant storage and recall of your favorite settings.
The connection options of the FR-2 allow you to perform in any situation. A headphone output is provided for private practice. The Line output lets you plug into amplifiers and mixers onstage or in the studio. MIDI output allows you to play external keyboards and other MIDI-compatible instruments from your V-Accordion.
Adjustable Bellows Pressure
The improved Bellows Resistance Regulator on the FR-2 V-Accordion allows you to fine-tune the bellows pressure according to your strength, ability, and personal style — another FR-2 advantage for comfort and playability.
Choose your look with the six included decorative sheets, or personalize the FR-2 with your name or a picture of your band. Unleash your artistic potential.
Protect your FR-2 on the road with the attractive BAG-FR-3, a custom-made gig bag for V-Accordions. And don’t forget to bring along Roland’s CM-30 amp or CUBE Street for clean, clear amplification. It’s the perfect FR-2 performance partner.
Roland’s CM-30 CUBE Monitor is an ideal choice to amplify the FR-2. It’s light, small, and affordable, but don’t be fooled: The CM-30 can sing loud and proud. And, for those who like to take their show on the road, the battery-powered Roland CUBE Street Amplifier is the ultimate portable solution.
And now the specs:
- Keyboard & Bellows
- Right hand
- 34-piano type keys. velocity sensitive (starting at a G key)
- Left Hand
- 96 bass buttons with velocity
- Real pneumatic detection of bellows pressure (high-resolution pressure sensor), Bellows Resistance Regulator
- Sound Source
- Sound Generator
- Max polyphony: 128 voices
- 8 Accordion Sets, each one including: 10 Treble registers, 5 Bass registers,5 Orchestral Bass registers, 5 Orchestral Chord registers, 6 Orchestral sounds
- Treble reed footages
- Bass reed footages
- Chord reed footages
- PBM (Physical Behaviour Modelling)
- Stopping-reed growl, Closing valve noise, Left button noise
- Individual reed simulation
- Hysteresis threshold, Expression curve, Pressure variant filter, Pressure variant pitch deviation
- Switching reed sound wave
- by bellows acceleration, by note repetition speed
- Musette Tuning
- Micro tuning presets
- 15: Off, Dry, Classic, F-Folk, American L/H, North Europe, German L/H, D-Folk L/H, Alpine, Italian L/H, French, Scottish
- 8 types
- 8 types
- Panel Controls
- Knob controls
- Volume/ Power; Registers: 5 x Treble, 3 x Orchestra, Set, 5 x Bass; Buttons: Orch. Bass, Orch. chord, Left Register, Pad/Default, Rec/Loop, Song/Demo, User Prog/Dec, Metronome/Inc.
- Operation Modes
- 2 Bs Rows, 3 Bs Rows A-7th, 3 Bs Rows A-5dim3 Bs Rows B-7th, 3 Bs Rows B-5dim, 3 Bs Rows Bx
- Down, 0, Up for Treble and Orchestra
- 8 drum/percussion sets, phrase recording function
- 8 preset songs with selectable mute function for left- or right-hand part
- Power Supply
- External AC adapter or optional batteries
- Power Consumption
- 500 mA
- Battery (optional)
- Ni-MH 2500mAh approx. 5 hours. This varies depending on the actual conditions of use
- Onboard connectors
- Headphones Jack (Stereo), Output Jack: L/Mono(Treble), R/Mono(Bass), MIDI connector: OUT/IN (adjustable via MIDI parameter)
- Supplied accessories
- External AC adapter, Owner’s manual, Straps, Battery holder (pre-installed in compartment), replaceable Sheets:6
- Optional accessories
- Gigbag (BAG-FR-3), CM-30 Cube Monitor, CUBE STREET Battery Powered Stereo Amplifier, SA-300 Stage Amplifier
- Size and Weight ( Size & Weight )
- 472 mm
- 18-9/16 inches
- 244 mm
- 9-5/8 inches
- 426 mm
- 16-3/4 inches
- 7.5 kg
- 16 lbs. 9 oz.