There are some tech products, very rare mind you, that just look so cool that you want them for their looks. Yes, they are few and far between. The Fatman iTube delivers that warm, tube analog sound from your glassy, cold iPod. What a marriage. **Tear.
- 2 x 45watt iTube Vacuum Tube Amplifier
- Separate Dock for Apple iPod
- No less than 9 valves and four 4 input stages for supreme audio performance
The cost seems to run anywhere from $400-$700, depending if you are getting a speaker package with it. Yeah, expensive, but people rave about it. And if you are looking for a compact unit, this would fit the bill. And you would score about a 9.5 out of 10 on the sexy gadget scale. Doesn’t that count for something?
- Source Inputs: 3x RCA pair, 1x 6mm Aux jack
- Max Output Power: 45W x 2 (Self Bias)
- Frequency Response: 20-20KHz (±1.0dB)
- Distortion: ≤ 1%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: ≥ 86dB
- Input Sensitivity: 210m V
- Input Impedance: 100K ohm
- Output Impedance: 4 ohm/8 ohm
- Size (LxWxH): 420mm x 265mm x 154mm
- Weight: 23.00KGs
- Tubes used: 6L6G x 4,12AX7 x 5
What’s In The Box?
- iTube 452 Vacuum Tube Amplifier
- iTube Docking Station
- Glove for cleaning
- Audio cable to connect Docking Station and Amplifier
- Aux source audio cable for connecting CD player
- Video cable to connect docking station to TV