Ooma is a strange name for an up and coming VOIP company. They offer you the new Ooma Telo. Yeah, they try to give their products names that compliment their strange company name. Their next device is going to be called the Booma. Tsk.
Okay, here’s the deal. You buy one of Ooma’s phones and you get unlimited calls in the US for free. Yep, it’s a pretty good deal. Now, Ooma will try to upsell you into getting Ooma premier, which gives you these features:
- Instant Second Line, to eliminate the problems of phone hogs in your life;
- Multi-Ring lets you forward your calls to your cell phone or any other phone you choose;
- Three-way Conferencing lets you easily add a third person to your calls;
- Advanced Voicemail features, including Do Not Disturb, Voicemail Screening, and Voicemail Forwarding;
- Privacy and Personalization Options and much more.
Ooma Premier costs $9.99/month. Ooma Telo (the base unit) costs $250. And the handset costs $49.00. You don’t have to get the handset. You can use your standard phone. Also, porting your phone number costs $39.