You know, I don’t get all the hype around the iPad. True, I didn’t around the iPhone either. It’s not that I don’t think they are neat devices, but I tend to be a hesitant adopter. Just to be clear, I also don’t get the bashers of those devices. I also didn’t really want an iPad, until I saw the iCade arcade cabinet and app. Then my geeky knees quivered.
Straight from the hallows of ThinkGeek, comes this MAME cabinet. Here is an action shot:
- Beautifully retro styled, handcrafted wooden tabletop arcade cabinet and MAME emulator for your otherwise useless iPad
- Play your favorite arcade games anywhere there’s a table
- Hundreds of games available from various online sources – not included in product!
- Professional grade arcade stick and microswitch buttons rated for 10,000,000 uses
- Authentic arcade controls connect to your iPad via a standard 30 pin dock connector
- One and two player select buttons add authenticity and really work!
- Integrated 2.1 dolby speakers and subwoofer in cabinet
- Includes 10w USB power adapter
- Separate iCade app required to use the cabinet controllers available soon from the App Store
- Dimensions: 9″ wide x 10″ deep x 16″ high
Cabinet costs $149, the app is free, but only works with the cabinet. But is it an April Fool’s joke?