It’s time to trade in your new car and buy this 3D HD video camera. The Panasonic AG-3DA1 puts ridiculous 3D capability at your finger tips. Now you can see that soccer ball come right at you!
But, at $20,000, I don’t suppose that Dick and Jane will be buying this in droves. Here are some features:
- The two independent optical systems add flexibility to expressive 3D image recording.
- Automatic correction of left-eye/right-eye image deviation within the camera.
- Equipped with two 1/4.1-inch Approx. 2.07 megapixels MOS units for left-eye and right-eye images.
- The recording system uses AVCHD Pro high-image-quality PH mode. Full-HD left-eye and right-eye images are recorded in sync onto two SDHC Memory Cards.
- Switchable 59.94Hz/50Hz for worldwide recording capability.
- Lightweight camera body weighs less than 2.8 kg (Approx. 6.17 lb.) for excellent mobility.
- Equipped with a 3.2-inch (16:9) side-mounted LCD monitor with approx. 921,000 dots. Lch/Rch/overlay switchable display.
- Equipped with HDMI 1.4 (frame and field sequential output) in addition to HD-SDI (x2, simultaneous).
- Built-in Stereo microphone.
- Provided with an XLR Audio input terminal for line recording in halls, studios, etc.
- Equipped with remote terminal for focus iris, zoom, REC start/stop, and convergence point.
- Auto REC function for control of REC start/stop of an external recorder connected by SDI.
Short video showing it in action: